Friday, November 27, 2009

Wedding Bells

Ah, how good it is that it's Friday; work is over for the week, my fatiguing tasks are done (I was at work till 11pm last night!) and I am about to go out to the airport to collect my old mate John, who's coming down to Tasmania from the sinful city of Sydney.

He and I will head down to Hobart tomorrow, to assist at the Nuptial Mass (3pm at St Canice chapel, Lower Sandy Bay) of a mutual acquaintance... yours truly will help execute the chant: Propers and Mass V with Agnus Dei from Mass VI; solemn Salve; Adoro te and Ave maris stella; some chap will warble Ave Maria lest the marriage be invalid...

There is prospect of a Latin Mass this Sunday!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 EF Masses in one weekend - sounds like a liturgical oasis in a liturgical desert!

Rob A

Joshua said...

John very kindly shouted me dinner at Hallam's, a very decent fish restaurant on the waterfront. We've had a fine time catching up. To think we studied together nearly ten years ago...

Tomorrow, after a walk and some breakfast, we'll pay a visit to Carmel, where John nows some of the nuns, and then motor South.

Anonymous said...

Photos of the Masses?

Rob A