Thursday, April 17, 2008

I Love Trams

Trams - so impractical, so enjoyable, lurching along, ringing their bells, making that funny noise as they rattle by, travelling slow, packed in with all sorts and conditions of men... I love 'em! And it's not just the trams: my holiday here in Melbourne has reminded me of why I love the place, and I must say Perth looks drear, sandy, hot, boring and ill-vegetated in comparison.

The Ladye Chapel at St Francis' Church, and Our Lord being worshipped in the Sacrament of His Love, as the true Sun in the monstrance...

St Patrick's Cathedral, and solemn Mass there (of which more anon)...

My friends and former colleagues at the Central Catholic Bookshop...

Happy driving out through the leafy Eastern suburbs, my old haunts....

Catching up with Scott, a mate of mine, at an Italian restaurant in Lygon Street...

Trams...

Perhaps I shall move back here in coming years.

No comments: