Monday, January 28, 2013

Flooding and a Near Miss

Of your charity, please pray for those suffering in the ongoing severe flooding in Queensland and New South Wales:
Look upon us, O God, and see the floods that devastate the earth; grant, we pray, hope to our troubled hearts and new life to the damaged land. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
Roman Missal, Prayers for Various Occasions, 37/3, In Time of Floods

******

On a personal note, I had a near miss while driving – I misjudged the closeness of a large truck when turning onto the highway, and matters could have ended there had not a turning lane provided a quick escape for me. Trucks, like trams and trains, cannot decelerate quickly.  Sitting at home I now feel rather shocked by this close shave as I relive the moment. I certainly wish to apologize to and thank profusely the poor truck driver! Thanks be to God, Our Lord, and my Guardian Angel for blessed deliverance.

No comments: