A wise person of my acquaintance has very generously donated half a dozen very useful liturgical books to my ever-expanding private library (which visitors may peruse by appointment). She kindly sent:
- The Missal. London: Burns, Oates & Washbourne, 1928.
- Lefebvre, Gaspar. Saint Andrew Daily Missal. Bruge: Abbey of St-André, 1954.
- Encalcat Abbey. Book of Hours. Dourgne: Editions d'Encalcat, 1956.
- The Roman Breviary. An Approved English Translation complete in one volume... New York: Benzinger Brothers, 1964. [Approved for liturgical use.]
- The New Small Missal... for all Sundays and the Principal Feasts. London: Burns & Oates, 1966.
- Officium Divinum. [Sunday Day Hours, and Prime, Sext and Compline for the days of the week, with relevant chant notation] Kansas City: Angelus Press, 2001.
Quid retribuam? I am very glad indeed to receive these gems, above all the complete 1962 Roman Breviary in English.
Retribuere, dignare, Domine, omnibus nobis bona facientibus, propter nomen tuum, vitam æternam. Amen.