Sunday, September 29, 2013

Congratulations Fr Sia

Please join with me in giving thanks to Almighty God for the ordination to the priesthood of Fr Brennan Sia, in Perth, Western Australia. What David said by the Holy Ghost of Christ now applies to him: Tu es sacerdos in æternum.

I met Fr Sia while I was living in Perth some years ago, and last ran into him in Rome... While I was unable to attend his ordination on Friday night, he very kindly accepted his first Mass stipend from me, and offered Mass for my intentions to-day.

I am sure he will be most grateful for every prayer that he be a wise and holy priest:

O God, who made your Only Begotten Son eternal High Priest, grant that those he has chosen as ministers and stewards of your mysteries may be found faithful in carrying out the ministry they have received.
Lord our God, who in governing your people make use of the ministry of Priests, grant to these men a persevering obedience to your will, so that by their ministry and life they may gain glory for you in Christ. 
O God, who have willed that your Priests should minister at the holy altar and serve your people, grant by the power of that sacrifice, we pray, that their labours may constantly please you and in your Church bear that fruit which lasts for ever. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Roman Missal, 'Masses and Prayers for Various Needs and Occasions', I. 6., alt.

No comments: