Friday, December 30, 2011

Frs Bob Maguire & Bill Uren - Say the Trad Mass!

I hear on the grapevine that Fr Bob Maguire, that lovable independent thinker, has taken to saying the Trad. Mass on Sunday evenings, and has even spoken in praise of it on the radio.  Extraordinary!

More amazing still, Fr Bill Uren, S.J., not normally thought of as a traditionalist, has promised to say such Masses at Newman College, given that many young people there have asked for it.

I think to-day I really have believed three impossible things.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Do you remember that show Fr Bob used to do with Jon Saffran? I found it quite entertaining, if a bit risque.

Joshua said...

Strange to say, I never watched it - but I did meet Fr Bob many many years ago (1992?). He's obviously a bit of an eccentric, but a shrewd one, with his heart in the right place.