Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mainland Roadtrip

In a few weeks' time, I plan to have a pleasant fortnight's driving holiday: taking the Bass Strait ferry overnight to Melbourne, bringing my trusty car along, I'll motor up to Sydney and beyond (to the border), visiting persons and places along the way.  

Trinity Sunday should find me at Mass at St Aloysius, and the next Sunday, at Lismore; this long return transit will give me a chance to see much more of this "wide brown land" than ever before, which is why I'll drive, not fly, just under 4000 km (plus the sea passage). 

Wagga Wagga, Bathurst, Parramatta, Port Macquarie, Armidale, Tamworth, Wollongong, Bega, Lakes Entrance, Sale...  I will also take the chance to visit most of the Catholic cathedrals of South-Eastern Australia.

2 comments:

aaron said...

Maitland? The See is no longer there. You'd do better to visit the Anglican Cathedral in Newcastle.

Joshua said...

I was more indicating the route than listing all the cathedral towns... I assume there is a Catholic Cathedral someplace in Newcastle or environs.

I do sometimes visit Anglican Cathedrals (purely to admire the architecture), but I always feel dirty afterwards.